Helpful resources for our church volunteers
Planning Center Online Access
For those who normally volunteer during our worship services, you can log in to Planning Center by clicking the button below. There you can check your schedule, mark any unavailable dates, and set other preferences. You can also download the ‘Planning Center Services’ app for iOS, Android, or Amazon Kindle Fire devices.
Log in to Planning Center
Information for children’s ministry volunteers
Our church has adopted a Child Abuse Prevention Policy in order to better protect children and youth in our care and also to aid in the selection of children/youth workers. (This policy is also in keeping with the current Pennsylvania state laws regarding requirements for children/youth volunteers in the context of a church).
If you regularly attend Lebanon BFC, and are interested in working with children or youth within our church program, we ask that you complete the steps below (Additionally, if you can also use some of the steps listed here if you need to renew certain paperwork).
- New volunteeers should print out and complete a ‘Confidential Application for Children/Youth Workers’ & ‘PA Residency & Non-Disqualification from Service’ (2 pages total). In the space marked ‘Position Applied for:’ be sure to indicate the area(s) you wish to serve in the life of our church. If you are unsure where you would like to serve, simply write ‘Volunteer’. (Note: This is not meant to guarantee or ‘lock you in’ to a particular position. It is simply for informational purposes.)
- Complete PA Criminal History Check. Note: Pastor Brandt can do this for you online. Please CLICK HERE to submit your birthdate, and the church will submit this Clearance for you. (*Or if you have already completed a PA Criminal History Check for another organization, and the certificate is less than 5 years old, you can turn in a copy to Pastor Dave).
- Complete a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance online. Step-by-step instructions can be printed HERE. You will need a unique code in order to waive the fee associated with this clearance. CLICK HERE to request this code. (*Or if you have already completed a PA Child Abuse History Clearance for another organization, and the certificate is less than 5 years old, you can turn in a copy to Pastor Dave).
- Complete the PA state-approved training course at Pitt.edu. After you have completed the course, please submit the completion certificate to the church. (If you have completed this for another organization, you can submit a copy of the completion certificate).
- *To work with children and youth in our church, a volunteer must have made a profession of faith and also must have attended our church for at least one year. (However, even if you have not yet attended our church for one year, we would still encourage to fill out the required forms ahead of time, as these can take some time for government offices to process.)
Once you have completed items #1-4, please return any paperwork to Pastor Brandt. We will notify you once all forms are processed. If you have any questions about this policy or about volunteering in the church, please contact Pastor Brandt.
Pastor David Brandt
Assistant Pastor, Lebanon BFC